Behold the beauty that takes place when a hard-core Star Wars fan who happens to also be a great plastic model engineer gets unrestricted access to all of Lucas' materials on the X-Wing!
Fine Molds' new 1/72 X-Wing completely rewrites the standard for science-fiction kits. Besides looking awesome (the photos below are the actual kit, not a prototype!), the kit has the following features:
- Wings open and close after completion
- Landing gear can be removed and replaced after completion
- Canopy can be completed open or closed
- Parts included for Red 1, Red 2, Red 3, or Red 5 (Red leader, Wedge, Biggs and Luke, respectively -- the engines differ slightly!)
- Fuselage and wings can be mated after all painting is completed!
- Includes standing and seated pilot and droid figures, plus multiple droid heads for the fuselage - with proper painting instructions
- Decals included for the canopy frame, both weathered and clean red wing and fuselage markings, and the droids
- Includes display stand and boarding ladder parts, too